Every Member A Minister: We challenge every member of our church to discover their spiritual gifts and find their ministry or ministries to which God has called them. May we all be “in the ministry” of our Lord Jesus.
Every Member A Missionary: We challenge every member to be “on mission” for Christ. We challenge every member to not only initiate and be personally involved in mission projects here in our community, but also to take at least one mission trip at some point in their life.
Our Core Values:
1. We desire those professing a relationship with Christ to grow more intimate in their daily walk with Him. This is an act of worship. “Therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, I urge you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God.” (Romans 12:1-2)
2. We desire to produce a community of believers committed to taking the message of the love of Christ to those who need to hear it beyond our walls and into our world. This is an act of evangelism. “Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19)
3. We desire to continually grow deeper in our understanding of God’s Word because of our belief that the Bible is the divinely inspired, God-breathed, infallible completely authoritative Word of God that is our guide for daily living. This is an act of discipleship. “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
4. We desire to empower each member of First Christian Church to be actively involved in serving others in the body of Christ and serving those outside the church by helping them discover and employ their spiritual gifts along with their heart passions, abilities, personality, and experiences. This is an act of ministry. “As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.” (1 Peter 4:10)
5. We desire to promote within the members of First Christian Church a common sense of unity, purpose, and accountability to the mission, vision, and goals of the church. This is an act of fellowship. “…that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.” (John 17:21)
6. We desire to promote a community based on authenticity and trust. We desire for those who worship at First Christian Church to have a safe place to deal with the issues of life and to live out their salvation before the Lord. It is more important for us to be real and honest before God and one another than to put on a mask to hide our true pains and emotions. “Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.” (Galatians 6:2)
7. We desire for First Christian Church to remain steady and in line with Scriptural teaching in terms of our values and doctrine. Furthermore, we desire to “become all things to all men that I might by all means save some.” This means we will embrace new methods and new ministries so that we may be effective in creatively presenting the gospel to all generations. "For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I may win the more… to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men that I might by all means save some." (1 Corinthians 9:19, 23)
8. We believe in the sanctity of marriage, as defined in the Holy Bible. 1 Cor. 7:2-3 says, "Since there is so much immorality each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife and likewise. The Bible speaks of keeping marriage holy and pure between a man and woman, but the Bible never speaks of two people of the same-sex being holy or pure or of God. The Bible speaks of homosexuality in many verses such as in Leviticus 20:13, "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is an abomination, they shall surely die." Romans 1:27-27 says, "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts... Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion." The Bible only speaks of marriage being good and wholesome when it is speaking about a marriage between a man and a woman.
First Christian Church
53 W Main St
Peru, IN 46970
Phone: (765) 473-3105
Videos of our sermons are now available on our YouTube Channel.
Visit it, let us know what you think and don't forget to subscribe.
The Purpose of First Christian Church:
To encourage a personal commitment to GLORIFYING God while EXPANDING and STRENGTHENING His Church.
Did you know that you can help fund the mission of First Christian Church just by surfing the internet?
Make "Goodsearch" your internet search engine and designate First Christian Church to receive a payment from them.
Check it out at: Goodsearch.com
Have you ever wondered how you could help spread God's love with us? If so, contact the church office or download, complete and return this form to us. We'll find just the spot for you!